Family Law Section
• April 30, 2015
*** Please note that all FL Section Meetings are approximately 1 hour long and will take place at 5:30pm in the Bar Office, CLE Classroom, except as otherwise noted.
Please join us for our last monthly Section Meeting and Program of the Bar year, on Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. in the Bar Building CLE Classroom, which will feature a panel discussion by Stephanie Fink, Esquire; Linda Delaney, Esquire; Dr. Ruth Zitner; and Karen Freed, LCSW-C, LICSW, BCD. Perhaps the most challenging cases any family law practitioner face involve situations where a client’s children are resisting or refusing to spend time with that parent. From the outset, the decisions and actions of all professionals involved in such cases—especially lawyers—are critical to positive potential outcomes for families experiencing this type of crisis. Our panel will provide their experience and wisdom in helping us help our clients navigate these very challenging circumstances.
2015 Section Meeting/Event Dates
• May 5, 2015 – Annual Family Law Update 5:00 p.m. in Courtroom 3E
• June, date TBD – Family Law Section Practitioner of the Year & End-of-Year Celebration
First, we would like to thank our Law Day presenters, Walter C. Pennington, CPA, David S. De Jong, Esquire, Scott M. Strickler, Esquire, Alan Zipp, Esquire, and Sandra A. Brooks, Esquire, for an entertaining and informative presentation. With the combined knowledge, expertise, and credentials this panel boasted, their presentation could have filled a full day seminar, yet this group managed to pack an impressive amount of information into just under two hours! Thanks to Erin Kopelman, Esquire, as well for a great job in organizing the presentation.
We would also like to thank the organizers and presenters of the Rita Rosenkrantz Basic Family Law Training, including John S. Weaver, Esquire, Scott M. Strickler, Esquire, Deborah L. Webb, Esquire, Casey Weinberg Florance, Esquire, Heather Q. Hostetter, Esquire, and Howard B. Soypher, Esquire. Your contributions to this annual seminar further enhanced its reputation as a must attend course for all budding Family Law practitioners.
Finally, as the end of our tenure as Section Co-Chairs draws near, we would like to extend our utmost and sincere thanks and appreciation to all of our committee members. In particular:
• Sandy Brooks and Rob Weinberg for planning timely and insightful Section Programs. Your efforts made sure that our FL Section meetings were informative and entertaining every month;
• John Weaver and Christina Hughes for planning a year’s worth of informative and engaging CLEs;
• Samantha Kravitz and everyone at Delaney McKinney, LLP for throwing another fabulous Holiday Party;
• Erin Kopelman for putting together a great Law Day program with a terrific panel of speakers;
• Sylvia Borenstein for providing the legislative updates for our Section;
• Amanda Vann for keeping our Section social; and
• Donna Van Scoy for heading up the Family Law Practitioner of the Year award committee and assisting with our June festivities (more info on this below). We very much appreciate your efforts and those of the other members of the FL POY subcommittee.
Our success as a Section was the result of the efforts of all of these folks and the participation of our fantastic members. It has been a pleasure to work with all of you!
Section Meetings, Events & Upcoming CLE’s:
Our Annual Family Law Update will take place on May 5th from 5:00-8:00pm in Courtroom 3E. Bryan Renehan, Esq. and Paul Reinstein, Esq. will present new family law cases and legislative updates from the past 12 months.
Please be sure to register for the Family Law Section End-of-Year Celebration to be held in June. At this event, we will be honoring our previous Family Law Practitioner of the Year Award recipients AND will announce this year’s winner! Registration forms will be emailed through the listserve. This is a great way to celebrate the end of the ‘bar year’ with your peers, and to celebrate or past and current award winners!
Casey Weinberg Florance
Christopher W. Roberts
April 30, 2015
*to be held in Courtroom 1, Circuit Court building
All meetings will be held on the last Thurday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the CLE Classroom of the Bar Association building, unless otherwise noted.
None Currently Scheduled
April 20 & April 22 - Rita Rosenkrantz Basic Family Law Training
May 5 - Family Law Update